# Incentive Program
Incentive Program includes three parts, which are Validator incentive Program, ambassador program and research grant. The first program directs at validators while the second one targets at community members who are not running any nodes but are passionate to and capable of making contributions, in any form, to GEEK. The grant one is designed for developers who invent various tools for GEEK ecosystem. No matter what kind of a community member you are, there's always a incentive program to apply for. Check here for details:
# Global Ambassador Program
A project can never be successful without a thriving community, which consists of passionate and enthusiastic warriors, along with their time and energy. The GEEK Team will work with the warriors to pool our strength, passions and efforts together and jointly create an open, self-governing GEEK community.
Since its inception, GEEK has been committed to building an open, free and self-governing community. We need more people to join us, advocating and generalizing GEEK’s ideas and blockchain knowledge. We need people who understand GEEK’s application scenarios and prospects, and help others understand it. We can work together to deliver our goal. Therefore, we are launching the GEEK Global Ambassador Program, namely “GEEK Warriors Program”, to recruit ambassadors who share the same vision as GEEK and are willing to help the GEEK community grow. GEEK will give them financial support as well as guidance and inspiration. The program aims to bring together the best talents in the community to advance GEEK’s vision of a community-driven, decentralized ecosystem.
# As an GEEK Warrior you will get
Resource and financial support: GEEK will give you assistance (such as publicity through GEEK’s media channels) and incentives for organizing online and offline Meetups, Workshop talks, and AMAs.
Expertise training: GEEK warriors can help the community in what they are interested in or good at, polishing professional knowledge and skills. Some outstanding warriors will also have the opportunity to join the GEEK Team as a core member.
Access to first-hand information: Before a new product is launched, GEEK warriors will be able to participate in internal team discussions, have priority to try our products, provide their valuable feedback, and get first-hand information.
Become a friend with GEEK Team: GEEK warriors will make acquaintance with GEEK Team members and be the first one to learn about GEEK’s latest progress, development direction and strategic decisions.
# GEEK Warrior Recruitment
GEEK welcomes you no matter where you are from. We would like future GEEK warriors to:
Have a strong interest in DeFi, Staking derivatives, PoS, and a deep understanding of the GEEK ecosystem. We prefer someone who has published articles on the blockchain industry. If you are an influencer, we definitely want you to join us.
Be willing to and good at organizing online and offline events, and also know how to attract more people to the event.
Have excellent presentation and speaking skills.
Have the experience of building a community from scratch, maintain it over time and achieve good results.
Love decentralized communities and be willing to make some contributions.
# Duties of GEEK Warriors
- Organize online and offline activities, such as Meetup, Workshop talks, AMAs, etc.
- Build and operate an online community in any language, such as English, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, etc.
- Write articles related to topics such as GEEK, Staking derivatives, and DeFi. Actively join in the dialogues in GEEK communities and forums (WeChat, Telegram, Discord…).
- Keep a keen eye out for collaborative opportunities that will promote the GEEK ecosystem.
- Give advice or recommendations for the development of GEEK.
- Answer questions for other warriors in the global warrior group.
- Translate GEEK’s documents, tutorials into your native language and promote them locally.
# The responsibilities of a warrior are expounded as follows:
- Understand and identify with the core values and concepts of GEEK.
- Generalize the concept of GEEK through different channels, such as forums and social media, to let more people understand GEEK, and promote GEEK’s influence in the crypto community.
- Help other community members, cooperate with the GEEK Team by answering questions, assist community members with nominations and the use of GEEK products, etc.
- Generate GEEK-related contents, such as articles, charts, Meme, videos, etc. Make your creation interesting and educational, so that other community members can learn something about GEEK from your work.
- Actively promote and participate in GEEK events, such as livestreams, seminars and AMAs.
- Stay active in GEEK’s official channels including Discord, Morioh, Twitter, Telegram and WeChat communities. Constantly share the latest developments of GEEK, start and maintain discussions and attract more voices.
# Become a local spokesperson for GEEK
- GEEK encourages warriors to create and maintain GEEK communities locally.
- Write in local languages, or localize articles to local languages, and update the latest information of GEEK.
- Hold online or offline meetings or AMAs.
Prosper GEEK ecosystem
- Make connections with local media and earn GEEK more exposure.
- Seek cooperation opportunities that can make the GEEK ecosystem more prosperous.
Interact with GEEK Team
- Provide the latest news and suggestions to the GEEK Team.
- Participate in the testing of GEEK products and give feedback.
- Collect feedback from members of the GEEK community.
- Help each other with other warriors.
|Type||Form||Reward (in GEEK)|
|Contents||articles, blogs, videos, tutorials, translates||$10-$200|
|Community||growth community, AMAs, Meetups, Workshops||$50-$500|
|Partnership||materialize cooperation, media connections, etc||$100-$300|
|Miscellaneous||others form of contributions||case by case|
GEEK warriors can apply for awards once a month. We will assess your rewards by the proof of contributions that you submit. Rewards will be issued in the form of GEEK.
The above incentives are set based on the GEEK Team’s current knowledge and the development level of GEEK. We may ignore something by mistake, or make some incorrect decisions. If you have better ideas, please let us know in the Discord (opens new window) or Telegram (opens new window). As the GEEK project grows, the incentive plan will also be constantly improved to make sure every gain comes with pays.
Schedule for submission of applications:
GEEK warriors recruitment: always open.
Submit warrior application: https://forms.gle/64ydtL9jG1W1PLmA6 (opens new window).
GEEK Team will give you feedback within one week.
After the submission, GEEK Team will send you an e-mail if you are selected as a warrior.
Schedule for submission of applications for incentives:
Warriors contribution submission method: https://forms.gle/bzg1ktbA9JwBtBDH7 (opens new window)
The application for incentives should be submitted on the first seven days of each month.
The awards will be issued within the 8th-15th of each month.
# Validator Program
Validator Incentive Program and first batch nominated validators are rolled out! 50 validators were selected for the first batch with 500K GEEK nominated!
We selected the 20 validators because they contributed a lot in early days, even before these rules were announce. We favor those validators in the first round who:
- Actively participated in the testnet
- Are willing to speak up and answer others’ questions in the community
- Have experience in node operation
- Attracted many votes from a lot of nominators, even in the waiting list
So we released a detailed incentive program, and new contributors still can apply for being nominated and earning rewards in the next batch.
The timetable for next round of submission and assessment:
- Submission period: 2021-05-15
- Assessment period: 2021-10-15
- Nomination and reward distribution: 2021-11-01
In order to be transparent, any interested validators can discuss the details in Discord (opens new window).
# Bug Bounty Program
- Critical: Abnormal function, ineffective function, or security breach, etc.
- Moderate: Defects that do not affect the function, non-security issues, such as the room for optimization, performance improvement, etc.
- Low: Unimportant issues, some minor issues that can be modified during updates, such as modifying text or notes.
Outside the scope of the bounty program
- Repeated reports on security issues, including security issues that have been confirmed by the GEEK team;
- Theoretical security issues without pragmatic application scenarios, or issues that require complex user-interactions.
- It must be a newly discovered bug(s) that has/have not been reported before.
- The bug(s) found must be related to security issues in GEEK GitHub page code, but not other third-party code.
- Have not written any codes of GEEK around the bug(s), and have not participated in any process that generated the bug(s) of GEEK in other ways.
- Public disclosure will make you lose your bounty.
- The GEEK team reserves the right to make the final decision on eligibility for the event and all rewards.
# Bounty rules
The bounty will be issued in the form of GEEK, and the amount will depend on the severity of the bugs found.
In addition to severity, the bounty amount will be determined (but not limited to) by other factors including:
- The accuracy and details of the bug description.
- The quality of reproducibility, such as test code, scripts, and detailed instructions.
# Submission Method
When you find bug(s), please send a report to: [email protected] Please attach your name, email, company name (optional), description of the bug(s), your opinion on what is the potential impact of that bug on GEEK, and how you discovered that bug.
What should I do if I submit a bug but do not hear a reply?
Before publicly publishing the bug(s) you found, we need some time to review and confirm them, and will reply to you as soon as possible. If you haven’t received a reply two weeks after submission, you can send an email to us at: [email protected]
In what form is the bounty issued?
The bounty is issued in the form of GEEK. The bounty is usually issued three weeks after the submission is confirmed.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]