# How to be a Nominator
- Select Staking on the upper menu's Network submenu, then select Nominator on Account actions (opens new window)
- Select Stash Account and Controller Account on setup nominator pop up page, then fill in Bond amount, and click Next.
|Stash account (increase the amount at stake):||Continue to nominate the validator after the reward is successfully claimed|
|Stash account (do not increase the amount at stake)||After the reward is received, the balance of the Stash account will be added|
|Controller account||The rewards is distributed to the Controller account|
- You can select up to 16 validators. Validators can be selected through addresses, names or click them directly in validator list. When you finish selecting, click Bond & Nominate
For avoiding being slashed (aka loose money), choose wisely your validator! The validator need to have good uptime (99.99%) and good behaviour. The list above is purely indicative and not a recommandation.
- Confirm the transaction fee, fill in password, then click Sign and Submit to submit info.
- How to find a good Validator?
You always can check validator stats in the Targets (opens new window) tab by clicking on the stats icon on the right.
Then you can see different kind of useful info for making your choice:
era point: Score of this validator for each era
elected stake: How much pirl has been staked on this validator each era
rewards & slashes: How much this validator get reward and how much it was slashed each era
commission: Value of the commission fee of this validator each era